Released - September 18th, 2018
Update Size - N/A
New features and content
- The new game mode is about completing as many contracts as possible before escaping the planet.
- Added Personal Quests to the game; quests that can be found during a match for bonus points.
- Central Station quest; when 5 Power-Up stations are active at the same time, the Central Station quest gets activated.
- Warden Alpha quest; at some point in the match the Warden Alpha is spawned and an extra quest is activated. Does not appear in every match.
Emergency Triage / Down But Not Out (DBNO)
- Players who are at 0 health are in Emergency Triage.
- Players who are in Emergency Triage can be revived by pact mates.
- Players in Emergency Triage have a shield that can lose health.
- Upon losing all health on the shield, Players in Emergency Triage are stranded (a.k.a. out of a game).
- Players who strand a player in Emergency Triage have a bounty placed on them (200 credits) and are visible on the map for the duration of the bounty (60 seconds).
- Added game tips to the matchmaking screen in the menu and to the lobby screen before a match.
Server Status Screen
- This screen will be shown if The Cycle servers are unavailable (e.g. outside testing times, technical issues) to convey relevant information.
Enabled randomized character customization
- Players character is randomized on Match Start.
Settings menu – we added
- proper settings tabs
- key rebinding
- support for resolutions up to 4k
- resolution quality scaling setting
- motion blur setting
- FPS-capping setting
- FOV setting
- separate audio settings for: Master, Music, Sound effects and Dialogue
- mouse invert settings; separate for x- and y-axis
Quest System iterations
- Adjusted waves for Epic Minerals, so they stop once the mineral is done.
- Three new Power Up stations; Landing pad, swamp camp & crashed ship.
- Added more possible terminals locations to all Power Ups. Now every Power Up has 12 different possible locations for the terminals (was 6).
- Increased possible locations from 3 to 7 for the Zeal Crystal to be spawned on the map.
- Updated logic for finding a good drop location for the Zeal Crystal to prevent it being stuck inside of geometry
- Added UI elements with quest information to Mineral and Power Up objects
- Changed the evacuation location to a single point in the center of the map.
- Added authentication mechanic: Prospectors now have to be scanned before being authorized to enter the ship.
- Prospectors located directly below the landing ship will be pushed aside or, if that fails, crushed (killed) by it.
- Deployables (e.g. Turrets, Mines) are destroyed when ship lands on them, to avoid exploits.
- Added notification for 3 minutes until ship arrives.
- Major money loot pass all over the level. Created a few smaller human structures for new loot locations.
- Improved logic to find a landing location for Gear Store purchases. Fixed issue with purchases ending up inside meshes.
- Adjusted tutorial evacuation to use latest evacuation mechanics.
- Disabled quest difficulty levels in the tutorial.
- Reduced volume of the landing sequence.
- Smoothed out landscapes.
- Adjusted the help overlay to include Melee and the comm-wheel. Removed redundant entries.
- Added the UI-top bar and the match timer to the spectator HUD.
- Fixed floating cover objects all over the map.
- Added blocking volumes to the center structure mountains to avoid player somehow getting up there, dominating the area.
- Adjusted level cover based on BI Data from Alpha Test 1.
- Fixed major collisions issues with the map.
- Monster Nest interaction time increased from 2 to 5 to prevent exploitation.
- Interaction set-back from taking damage while interacting increased.
- Sprinting noise markers on the map are now only visible to players who don’t sprint themselves.
- Uplink marker shows owner’s name in the map.
- Weapon selection in HUD plays animation when equipped or upgraded.
- Fixed several issues in Sandbox mode.
- Removed Mid-Air Crouching.
- Reloading does not interrupt Boxer Warsuit High Jump animation.
- Holding the Aim button will resume aiming after interruption.
- Strafing/backwards movement is slower than forward movement.
- Weapon Damage towards Creatures and Players is tuned separately.
- Reduced size of sights on the Hammer pistol, the Scarab pistol & on the K-28 Autopistol.
- Fixed skinning issue on the K-28 Autopistol.
- Fixed flickering on Advocate assault rifle.
Tuning / Balance Improvements
- Reduced damage of starting pistols against other players – damage against AI stays the same.
- Minor changes have been made to almost all weapons. Lower tier weapons are now slightly less powerful and mid-tier weapons are slightly more powerful.
- Most Gear Store upgrades have been retuned.
Quest system tuning
- Balanced monsters for Epic Minerals, reduced the amount of monsters per monster squad
- Tuned down money drops for Mineral monsters and Super Power Up Monsters for both game modes. For minerals and super power up, list monsters now give 1/2 of the normal monster money drops and loop monsters 1/4 of it.
- The first Uplink station is activated 30s after match start instead of immediately.
- Boxer Warsuit
- Added two levels that scale the damage of the Charge Attack.
- Added two levels that scale the damage of the Dive Attack.
- Reduced Jetpack recharge rate.
- Aani Quicksuit
- Added two levels, one that increases weapon range and one that increases headshot damage.
- Tuned Dodge and Slide to have slightly higher cooldowns.
- Decreased speed of both, increased velocity at which Slide is stopped.
- Decreased jump height.
- Basic Prospector Kit
- Added two levels, one that increases weapon damage and one that decreases ability cooldown times.
- Rebalance of Squatter AI into Feeble, Normal, and Warrior and Hunt Squatter AI into Aberrant, Mutated, and Evolved.
- Global health reduction.
- Increased movement speed of Drone type AIs and projectile speed of Spitter type AIs.
- Removed health regeneration on Warden Alpha.
- Snare Trap DPS reduced, range increased, HP drastically reduced, now affects heavy jump and jetpack.
- Kheper Revitalizer better handles activation and sprinting.
- Reduced range of Directional Warp.
- with game stability.
- with the collision in the game – none & invisible.
- with in game audio and audio settings.
- with becoming stuck after interactions.
- where your shipments would be placed inside geo.
- where auto-collected money meshes remain on the ground so you couldn’t pick the collect money.
- where German text was not translated.
- where the shard was dropping when a deployable takes damage.
- with UI/Game focus.
- related to foliage being too high.
- Fixed an issue …
- where sprint stops working after an interaction.
- where The Gear Store doesn’t open in the Sandbox mode.
- where running while using self heal plays the animation but the healing action doesn’t occur.
- where the chat cursor moves to end of line after every input.
- where chat focus is lost after every message you send.
- where the last player to escape is stuck in reward screen and does not get into end of match screen.
- where creatures would disappear from spectator mode.
- with distorted images for dropped gear.
- regarding the VFX & radius/triggerability with the Jetpack.
- with auto fire weapons not stopping sfx and vfx on empty clip.
- with overlapping Voice Overs.
- with Water looking glitchy.
- relating to mouse sensitivity options being reset.
- where icons in the scoreboard would get cutoff relating to the player name length.
- related to various hunt locations not having monsters.
- relating to interaction with Farmon.
- relating to dying while in the shop and the game appears non-responsive.
- where items has descriptions twice in the item select screen.
- where players does not gain faction progression points.
- where Cyrillic fonts not displaying correctly.
- where there were grammar issues.
- with the minimap in spectator mode.
- where roads at several locations did not touch the ground.
- where the evac ship bar is still displayed.
- where cancelling the pact didn’t work.
- where two evac markers are shown.
- where the reward screen was not shown.
- that the monsters would spawn to late and would be irrelevant.
- where the player started without a weapon.
- where your gear set is shown.
- where the player can jump during the intro sequence, breaking the pod exit animation.
- where if you escape first, but finish objectives second, the checkbox for escaping first is not checked.
- where chat cannot be opened with the Enter key in winners screen.
- with the readability of when the Dive attack is available or not from the Jetpack.
- where pickups don’t disappear once you have picked them up.
- where the starter battle rifle has the wrong upgrade.
- with audio cues – you heard “Your ally has been killed” when you die.
- where lobby music is not played from the second match on.
- where the ‘crafted’ message always shows up when opening the factions screen.
- where there is no escape ship marker.
- where players can activate sprint while standing still.
- where when your kinetic shield takes damage it interrupts your interaction bar.
- where ‘complete all contracts’ was not checked even though there were all completed.
- where there was no icon for active power up.
- where it is not possible to change languages on the second attempt.
- where the head hitbox can be completely separate from head on looking up/down.
- where targets can walk away from the snare trap
- where weapons would stop firing after a few shots.
- where the weapon would be stuck in a shooting animation.
- where the UI does not show the next facility.
- which showed experience for progression above the limit.
- where the map is visible for a brief moment before the lobby is displayed.
- where your shadow is still visible when you are cloaked.
- where there was a low-pass audio filter on for 3d sounds for the match duration.
- where there was no Gear Icon for ‘Esc Menu’.
- where the ‘Esc Menu’ missing from the Gear Store.
- where opening the Esc menu while in the shop menu blocks the use of Esc.
- where a pact was broken but the refiner still says owned by pactmate.
- where the zeal crystal is blocking the view during the ninja slide.
- where all map markers disappear when Evac shows up.
- where cloaking doesn’t drop monster aggro.
- with the nest icon remaining on the Minimap after nest has been taken.
- where monsters at Evac spawn under the landing platform.
- where icons on map don’t disappear after the player collects the related item
- where the game would crash 100% when attempting to purchase above the ability or weapon upgrade threshold.
- where the Mineral Marker on Minimap does not disappear after completion.
- where the Power up console is placed inside a rock.
- where the map was blurry until settings
- where switched to High settings.
- where market prices are always red even if players have enough money.
- where the player could interact with power up station before activating all terminals (with no functionality).
- where your pact mate is not shown on Minimap.
- where crafting would not work.
- where changing graphics settings and double-clicking the Apply button results in the UI going missing with inability to access ESC key menu or queue.
- where refiners where not showing up on the map.
- where minerals that were already mined
- where showing up on the Minimap.
- where all map icons where showing.
- where the Evac ship gets stuck in midair.
- where the Uplink was not able to be captured.
- where weapon icons still show on drop pods after the item has been picked up.
- where Farmon sound effects are too loud.
- where Zeal crystal could not be picked up.
- where a delivery was ordered, but didn’t show up.
- where after a match the player is stuck in the server status screen.
- where text on a non-interactable power up consoles reads “item already owned”.
- where prices in the station
- where not displayed.
- where opening chat and clicking the world blocks all input.
- where you could not shoot in the sandbox mode.
- where you could not open the shop in sandbox mode.
- where the Evac ship didn’t arrive in sandbox mode.
- with VO’s not giving correct feedback in the tutorial.
- where you could become blocked while looting at the same time as another player.
- with the snare mine, that it could be used to prevent other players escaping.
- when using the bug reporter that you can’t backspace more than a few times.
- where the game believes a player has the Zeal crystal if the crystal was collected by another player at the same time.
- where you can cancel matchmaking by accident when wanting to chat.
- with white clouds during the storm.
- where the options menu can’t be closed.
- where when pressing both aim and shoot during reload caused aiming not to function.
- where quests
- where not active when they were.
- where evacuation was not active but it was.
- where end of match results got added every time you open the screen.
- where a player was shown as alive but was dead.
- where it was not possible to add the snare mine and the heavy turret to the gear set.
- where the player was stuck moving in a given direction.
- where the player got stuck when waiting on the evac landing pad and the evac ship landed.
- where settings are not restored after a restart or a new match.
- where the lock icon was missing if you cannot unlock an item.
- where a player was able to slide while he was jumping (Ninja kit).
- where the player position/ranking on the quest list is duplicated (German only).
- where the master audio option doesn’t mute all sounds effects.
- where you can’t shoot through friendly Kinectic Shields.