Current Patch Notes
PC - Release 20
It’s getting spooky on Fortuna III Prospectors!
We all know what this means: it’s time for our special Halloween Event! Prospect Station and Fortuna III sure look different these days, like they’re possessed by some evil spirit. Moreover, a malicious spell has turned Brightcaps into pumpkins and eggs into cauldrons. Uncanny! We have prepared some new ominous challenges for you as well, so try to finish them all to get you hands on exclusive, terrifying rewards!
Make sure that you equip your Pumpkin Head, it is automatically in your appearance inventory and you just need to put it on! As we all know that Pumpkins can get bad and squashy… the head that you can wear during the time of the event will be gone after it is over. The rewards that you get from the challenges are yours to keep forever though!
The weekly challenges will last for the whole duration of the event and the rewards that you can obtain have some fancy new features – sound & VFX. That means that you have two full weeks to complete them and to grab those sweet, sweet rewards.
The Rewards: A ton of season XP An animated “Leafenstein” banner A new “Rest in Foam” banner A “Leafenstein” spray A “Pumpkin” spray
If you wanna make your guns extra spooky, you can just go ahead and grab some additional exclusive weapon charms from our shop. These can be purchased directly with K-Marks and can be bought several times, so go crazy Prospectors!
- The grenade looks like a jack o’ lantern
- The chat window had some overlap issues that got fixed!
- Weapon refire bug with the recall teleporter got fixed!
- Prospector Challenge icons got fixed!
- Small performance adjustments.
Current Season Update
PC - Release 16
The Cycle Season 3 – Stormchasers has arrived! Jump to > Release 16.1
We are so proud to finally be able to let you guys discover and explore your new home. But Prospect Station is not all season 3 has to offer, far from it in fact! We have tons of new content for you: a whole new Contract, 2 new Prospector types, new gameplay mechanics, and of course, loads of new Gear and Cosmetics. Oh and let’s not forget all the fixes, balancing and gameplay improvements we’ve been working on for a while now. Hyped yet? Then, without further ado, let’s discover step by step all the changes from Season 3!
Prospect Station is finally here!
- Run around the station in third-person and experience The Cycle like never seen before!
- Say goodbye to all those blue UI screens: introducing a new UI setup, that is directly connected with Station.
- Say hello to the Quick Menu! You’ll be able now to use a quick menu to access quickly screens that take you to the most important screens of the game. Wanna hang out in a bar with other Prospectors and matchmake at the same time? Now you can! Simply press “Q” to bring up the menu!
- “Q” is working as your new best friend in the station, opening and closing of menus happens with “Q”
- Prospect Station is going to be a Multiplayer hub. We have the ability to scale it down to a singleplayer environment in case we see that the multiplayer environment has performance problems.
- Notifications! Open your Quick Menu and check notifications from the Faction Leaders! They’ll inform you every time you get a new weapon blueprint! You can either open their store through the Notification or walk directly to the Faction HQ to purchase your new gear.
- Talk to the Faction Leaders to get new Gear, get missions from Badum or simply change your loadout with the lockers. Prospect Station offers a lot of possibilities!
- New sounds and music! Take a walk around the station and enjoy all the brand new tracks we’ve prepared for you.
- We are lucky to have Julien Herion contributing his talents to the station by adding unique themes for the factions, bar, and general ambiance. It really changes the landscape as you explore the different corners of the station and fits well as a calming break from the intense action on the planet. Here’s a note directly from Julien himself:
- It was really awesome to come back to the Cycle universe after writing the main theme last year. With the music for Prospect Station, I had the chance to develop the musical character of the game further and to try out lots of different ideas. Basically every track for the station needed to be completely different, but still feel like a part of the Cycle universe. You’ll find some ambient tunes for the general soundscape, odd dance music for the bar and more cinematic stuff for the manufacturers. Quite different from the main theme, like a different radio station, but hopefully not like from a different world.
- The tracks make me smile every time I hear them, and I hope they will make you too. Many thanks to the awesome musicians of the Cycle band: Martha Rowsell (violin, flute), Magnus Bang Olsen (guitars, bass), Ran Jacobovitz (drums, percussion), Júlia Koffler (voice), Fabian Knof (engineer), Lukas Esser (editing), Maurice Mersinger (guitars, advice), Andreas Lupo Lubich (mastering engineer).
Season 3 has a new Fortuna Pass and it is loaded with awesome stuff! Two new Prospectors, tons of skins, coatings, banners… but that is not all! With Season 3 we are introducing sprays and weapon charms, so what are you waiting for? Time for some serious stylin’ and profilin’! Need a new Helmet for Primetime, one of the two new Prospectors, or want a new hairstyle for the Foreman? Just level up your Fortuna Pass and get one!
The 2 new Prospectors are the Ronin and Primetime.
- The Ronin – Duty, honor… and glory? Are those three even compatible? You should ask the Ronin, but be careful. If you phrase your question badly, he may feel duty-bound to foam you… and take your stuff!
- Primetime – Do you hear the pounding beat in the distance? I am pretty sure it’s Primetime, coming your way! And if you see the neon lights and her signature “Comms-helmet”, then you are DEFINITELY about to experience her signature style of whoop-ass.
- There are 2 Trains in Solo, Duo & Squad.
- Each Mag-Train takes a fixed time (currently 5 mins) to load up.
- After that, it can be captured at the console in the front cart by any player.
- Once captured, it will move towards the center of the map along the rails we built on both maps.
- On the way there, Mag-Trains will pass through multiple potential ambush locations.
- While in Transit, the Train will generate Score for the owner.
- Upon reaching its final stop near the Evac platform, the Mag-Train will begin to unload.
- During the unloading state, which takes a fixed time of currently 80s, it will generate triple score for the owner.
- Along with some level design improvements we made to that area, this will be the perfect opportunity for some intense fighting around the unloading train.
- Once it’s done unloading, the Mag-Train will shut down and won’t be available for capture anymore.
We added the “recall recharge”. This feature introduces a risk/reward mechanic. After using your recall, you will drop your “recall battery” – if you pick it up, you get your recall back. Will you take the time to get it back or just focus on VP after losing it? Only you can decide!
- When players recall to their drop pod, their “recall battery” is dropped where they were taken out.
- Enemy Players can see, but not interact with your “recall battery”.
- Players can return to where they were defeated and pick up their battery – which recharges their recall. If you’re taken out again before you recharge your recall, you get foamed!
Krypto Marks (also called ‘Kryptos‘ or as the community team loves to call them ‘K-Marks‘) are introduced instead of materials. You’ll be able to earn them after every match and then unlock new weapon blueprints available from the Korolev, Osiris and ICA leaders. For more information, just follow this link: Guns For Cash
Our goal with replacing our crafting materials with a singular currency is essentially two-fold:
- Make our progression systems a bit less daunting and confusing
- Make it easier for players to set measurable goals to get new Gear
Our crafting materials, while cool that you find them in the match, come with some issues with the above in mind: people have a hard time understanding where and how to get them, and it’s tough to get an idea of their actual value. With our new currency, we hope players, new and experienced alike, will be able to set clear, measurable goals to improve their loadouts, as well as get rewarded with something with a clearer value and correlation to their performance. And who knows… maybe the crafting materials will one day return to be used for special gear… :)”
- Regeneration rate from 25 to 90 a second
- Regeneration delay from 7 to 14 seconds
- Regeneration rate from 90 to 180 a second
- Regeneration delay from 7 to 10 seconds
- Sprint movement slow down on reload 20%
- Reloading while sliding reduces Slide distance by 10%
- Slide has been adjusted to be closer to sprint speed
Falling Velocity has been reduced.
Changes to the starter load-out.
- All the suits are now instantly unlocked and do not require crafting
- The Health boost is replaced by the Cloak Ability
- The Shock Grenade is replaced by the Heavy Turret
- Starting Health reduced from 400 to 300
- Starting Shield reduced from 400 to 300
- Ninja Charge regen increased speed from 8 to 10
- Ninja Charges reduced from 4 to 2
- Ninja Charges recharge delay reduced from 1.5 to 1 second
- Slide has been adjusted in its length to work with the Charge tuning changes above
- Dodge has been adjusted in its distance to work with the Charge tuning changes above
|Quicksuit Level Changes|
|Old Suit Levels||New Suit Levels|
|1||Jump Height||+10%||1||Creature Defense||+20%|
|2||Ninja Energy Regen||+20%||2||Health & Shield||+100 HP & Shield|
|3||Slide Speed||+10%||3||Ninja Energy||+1|
|4||Ninja Energy||+1||4||Triple Jump||N/A|
|5||Triple Jump||N/A||5||Health & Shield||+100 HP & Shield|
|6||Reload on Weapon Switch||N/A||6||Damage Against Creatures||+20%|
- Starting Health reduced from 600 to 500
- Starting Shield reduced from 600 to 500
- In air control reduced from 50% to 25%
- The boxer punch no longer requires sprinting to be activated but instead uses a small charge-up by holding C.
- Boxer punch charge-up bar was added
- Boxer punch charge-up time of 0.3 seconds
- Boxer punch cooldown from 4.5 seconds to 10
- Charge DMG
- Reduced the additional area of effect from 100% to 50%
- The bonus damage is removed
- The mod no longer reduces super jump height by 20%
- The mod now adds a flat 2 seconds to the cooldown instead of 75%
- Super Jump
- Instead of reducing it by 15% it now adds 10% to the charge up bar.
- 50% reduction to charge punch damage – removed
- 20% reduction to charge distance is removed
- * Max Speed reduction of 20% is now 15%
- * Added a reduction to slide distance 15%
- Fast Punch renamed to Punch Cooldown
- Adding 50% charge distance – removed
- Charge cool-down reduction of 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds
- Super Jump height reduction of 20% – removed
|Boxer Level Changes|
|Old Suit Levels||New Suit Levels|
|1||High Jump||+15%||1||Creature Defense||+20%|
|2||Creature Resistance||+20%||2||Health & Shield||+100 HP & Shield|
|3||Charge Damage||+25%||3||Charge Damage||+50|
|4||High Jump||+15%||4||High Jump||+15%|
|5||Charge Damage||+25%||5||Health & Shield||+100 HP & Shield|
|6||Health Regen Delay||-25%||6||Damage Against Creatures||+20%|
The Jetpack of this suit is adjusted to be not as effective as the Dragonfly.
- Starting Health 500 to 400
- Starting Shield 500 to 400
- Less fuel
- More initial thrust but less max speed, for better map traversal
|Augment Level Changes|
|Old Suit Levels||New Suit Levels|
|2||Creature Defense||+20%||2||Health & Shield||+100 HP & Shield|
|3||Jetfuel Regen||+15%||3||(passive)Health Regeneration||+3|
|4||Ability Cooldown||-20%||4||Ability Cooldown||-20%|
|5||Health Regen Rate||+20%||5||Health & Shield||+100 HP & Shield|
|6||Jetpack Thrust||+20%||6||Damage Against Creatures||+20%|
|7||Damage Against Creatures||+30%|
- Starting Health reduced from 500 to 400
- Starting Shield reduced from 500 to 400
- Changes to the jetpack allow for faster altitude gain and faster re-use, but less in-air control, which makes the jetpack more predictable in its movement.
- Max energy 90 to 45
- Fuel consumption rate from 45 to 50
- Fuel recharge rate from 10 to 8
- Jetpack in-air control from 100% to 40%
|Dragonfly Level Changes|
|Old Suit Levels||New Suit Levels|
|1||Max Jetfuel||+10%||1||Creature Defense||+20%|
|2||Monster Crit Damage||+10%||2||Health & Shield||+100 HP & Shield|
|3||Jetpack Thrust||+25%||3||Dive damage||+50|
|4||Dive Attack Cast Time||-25%||4||Jetfuel Regen||+25%|
|5||Dive Angle||+25%||5||Health & Shield||+100 HP & Shield|
|6||Jetfuel Regen||+25%||6||Damage Against Creatures||+20%|
|7||Dive Attack Speed||+50%|
- Minerals surrounding Epic (1000) Minerals will only be easy (100) and medium (200), not hard (400)
- Epic minerals should not be the absolutely essential fight for early game credit economy they currently are
- 400 minerals can be found near the center of the map in early game, giving players that are too late for epic minerals a potential catch-up in credit economy
- Increased scoring of contested contracts to create more conflict around them
- Increased uplink scoring by ~ 30%
- Increased zeal scoring by ~ 20 %
- Increased alpha warden scoring by ~ 20%
- Increased sabotage scoring by ~ 30%
- Amount of Drone locations at the start of the match have been reduced to 4 in Duo and Squad mode, and time it takes to launch a Drone carrier has been increased to 85s to open a better window for sabotage
- Carried Brightcaps needed to spawn Blast Beetles increased from 5 to 10 and frequency of Beetle Spawns from 45 to 60
- Hunts spawned in Squad reduced from 6 to 5
- Powerup activations required to trigger Central Station in squad from 5 to 4
- VP for Kills in solo Mode have been reduced to 5 to promote objective focus
- Corrected faulty credit reward on evac clear contract
- Increased Damage taken from Laser Drill Core explosion
- We now spawn 15 instead of 11 nests in map 1 with a 1.5 multiplier for map 2
- XP rewards on pickup have been increased to 2000
- Set Nests to spawn roughly a minute earlier on average
Attention Prospectors, Skenkee from our team has some interesting info for you, as a lot of things have changed! You can find the details in the collapsed section.
Oh boi, do we have a lot of notes for you! It’s as if writing these should be the main part of my job. Luckily it isn’t… Due to the huge amount of changes, we decided to not go into most of the finer details for these patch notes but rather talk about the different aspects shortly.
For R16 we’ve done a lot of small changes to the weapons. With these changes, we hope to improve the feel of our different weapons and our combat. These changes mean we changed things like the projectiles, recoil, spread bloom but also our current weapon mods. Where we had made long-range fighting less rewarding with harsh fall off values in the past we will shift towards making shooting at longer ranges harder but also more rewarding if you do manage to hit. We hope that this makes players aware and understand not to engage with certain weapons at longer ranges due to the behavior of the weapon rather than selling the feeling of shooting a pea shooter by showing 10 damage per shot when the target is out of range.
Most players probably know that The Cycle mainly consisted of hit-scan weapons, meaning that when firing there is an instant impact no matter what the range is between the player and the target. That is, until now… We’ve changed all the bullet and shard weapons to become projectiles. This is a pretty big step as more than half of our weapons consist of bullets and shards. Energy weapons will still be hit-scan for now and we’d like to see how the current changes will impact players’ behavior and gunplay.
The recoil across our weapons has been scaled up and the pattern has been adjusted for some of them.
Spread / Bloom
As if the projectiles and recoil changes weren’t enough we also adjusted our spreads and bloom. After we stumbled upon an issue where we noticed our bloom actually wasn’t fully working as intended we did a fix and a quick pass across weapons. You may find that short-barreled weapons like SMG’s will have a faster bloom both in hip-fire and ADS. This spread increase makes it so weapons are not pure laser beams. This fix has come alongside making certain weapons projectiles so we’ll have to monitor how this plays and feels.
Our weapon mods could make or break a weapon. We’d like to stay closer to the core handling of the weapon while still offering small modifications. Therefore we’ve taken the first step to remove as many ‘negatives’ of the mods as possible and also lower some of the bonus values. Where most players might still decide to go for damage over the handling some players might feel that lower recoil is more beneficial. We’d like to give this approach a go and collect data on the mod usage and then tune accordingly. Our current setup is to have mods offer the same bonuses on different weapons. An improvement to creature damage for example would be 10% extra damage on each weapon.
We’ve looked at the next step in weapon weight. Flying around with a Karla or using it on the Aani suit was not perceived as ‘fun’. For the receiving end of course. To limit this type of play we limit additional movement like slides and kit movement abilities when these heavy weapons are used. Just to clarify: There is no total loadout weight. Weight is adjusted per weapon, so swapping to a pistol is most beneficial for better movement. The current weapons with additional movement attributes are: Karla, Detonator, Karma-1, Guarantee and Zeus. Those impact the slide, super jump, forward leap and jetpack.
Snipers and Battle rifles have had adjustments done to their targeting speeds and projectile speeds to make them more versatile and accessible.
Comment from Skenkee: Although I might not go into specifics for most to the changes that are mentioned above I’d still like to try and add a few changes to some of the weapons and abilities.
Read More about the weapon changes
Increased the FoV when in non scoped ADS
Lower range with improved hit recognition.
Direct damage from 250 to 200 Radial fall-off from 50% to 20% of the radial damage. Mods
Read more about the MODS
|1||Weapon Damage Radial||+5%|
|1||Damage Against AI||+10%|
|1||Damage Against Players||+5%|
|1||Weapon Clip Size||+1|
|1||Weapon Clip Size||+3|
|1||Weapon Clip Size||+5|
|1||Weapon Reload Time||-5%|
|1||Weak Spot Damage||+10%|
|2||Weapon Refire Time||-5%|
|2||Weapon Direct Damage||+5%|
|2||Weapon Max Spread||-10%|
|2||Weapon fall off Range||+20%|
|2||Weapon Equip Time||-5%|
|3||Weapon Equip Time||+5%|
|3||Spread Max Spread||-10%|
Slot 1 is the bullet/magazine. Slot 2 is the body/barrel Slot 3 is the handle or stock
Spitter AI Updates
The Spitter has received some AI love. It now has a short and long burst attack to cycle between. Along with a grenade shot where it fires a volley of 3 mortars when you break line of sight and hide from it. Watch out if you’re hiding behind a mineral or a tree. It’s going to make you reposition unless you’re feeling lucky.
Can be selected in the Settings menu to better improve visibility.
Ping System Improvements
Contracts can now be pinged on-sight by the player. Feel like doing a mineral cluster? Ping it!! You can let your whole squad know what you’re doing.
Weapon VFX Improvements
We are bumping up a lot of the weapon VFX on muzzles, shell ejects, projectiles, and impact sizes. This will be leading us into much bigger improvements to make gunplay as flashy as our prospectors.
Reenabled XP sharing in Duo and Squad
We want to promote team play and free role distribution!
New Player Buffs
- In order to make new player’s experience with the game slightly more of a success story and help them in getting to the real fun aspects of the game, we have added slight multipliers to new players’ income in credits and suit XP for their first few matches.
- This will hopefully help new players handle the rough world of Fortuna III a bit better and help them to get a better understanding of all thingy The Cycle.
- Fixed an issue where FOV could exceed the expected min and max values of 80, 110.
- The “Apply FOV to Y-Axis” feature has been removed from the game, primarily due to performance reasons and giving an unfair combat advantage.
- Laser Drill can only be started next to the console
- Wicked Blade can be equipped
- Brute doesn’t push you anymore when it hits your turret
- Invite to Squad is the first button now if you click on someone in the Friends List
- Friends List should have no missing friends
- Performance and stability improvements
- Once you equip a coating, you cannot unequip it. It’s a known issue and will be patched.
- As usual – You might experience crashes, please send us your crash report.
- Shop item preview displays item title twice
- Bluescreen head has the wrong icon used
- Wrong PT-BR loca in Faction Shop (S3 build)
- Faction Shops – Faction NPC’s are not always displayed
- Can’t press emergency brake on the train sometimes
- Mods show no benefit values
- Season progress screen is missing XP amount for each reward player got
- The Scanner does not exhibit proper SFX’s
- Lovesick emote vfx hearts do not come out of mouth area
- ICA Gadgets showing up twice in the store
- Check it out now button sends user to Fortuna pass screen with the MiniMap on that screen as
- Gorgon stops firing at random intervals when the shoot button is held.
- ZEUS and KARLA can have issues with visuals in 3rd person.
- If your name contains special characters it is not shown properly.
- Items still lose their upgrades when dropped, we’re working to remedy this in the future!
- When you die in a duo or squad match your team rank will not change until all of the players have either escaped or get foamed. We know that this can cause some confusion but the rank is shown at the end of the match will be the correct one.
- If you are using a controller, please note: There is no full controller support, yet.
- There are still some items that hover in the air while on a Laser Drill.
- Destroyed Ride might have collision issues and or weird texture behavior.
- If a lobby gets completely wiped the result screen might show wrong placements.
- There are locations where Droppod might hover in the air.
- Laser Drill still can have some texture issues.
- Sometimes the boxes of your Ride can hover in the air.
We are still in Early Access even though Season Three has started. The game is still in development. This means that bugs and crashes are to be expected.
If you find any issues during your session, please don’t hesitate to report it using the bug reporter tool in-game.
Please also keep in mind that queue times, especially late in the night, might be longer than expected due to lower player count around these times.
We hope you have fun during your time on Fortuna III and look forward to reading your feedback!
Early Access Update
PC - Early Access
Released - August 19th, 2019
Update Size - N/A
Dear Prospectors, we have amazing news for you: We are now officially in Early Access! The “Longest Playtest Ever” is over, but that does not mean that you have to stop playing. On the contrary, we are now live 24/7 for you to enjoy the splendor of Fortuna III solo or with your friends. If you have not done so yet, please read our “Change is in the air” Blog Post before you continue with the Release Notes, as it contains a lot of useful information.
So, what does this update hold for you in terms of concrete changes?
BRAND NEW ARCHETYPES & CUSTOMIZATION MIX AND MATCH
We have 2 new Archetypes for you! The scientifically inclined Exobiologist and the charming Gambler. They are classified as default Archetypes, so you will be able to use them FOR FREE!
Furthermore, we are starting to introduce a new system to mix and match outfit items that fit into the Chest, Boots, and Gloves slot, and ALSO lets you choose a female or male version of each item. This is currently already available for the “Prospector” Archetype and will be introduced for EVERY Archetype in the future!
Like many wonderful things in life, progress and development do not come without a price. In order to ensure the technical stability of the game for the future, especially for all the content updates that we have planned for you, we will need to wipe the account progress for all players with the next update. We expect this to be the very last wipe, so we want to get it over with as soon as we can. This is why we decided that the time is right.
Furthermore, we will need to restructure the customization options into their final form. We always intended to give you a broad selection of default Archetypes with a few customization options to mix and match for free. Other fancy cosmetics on top of that will be our lifeline for monetizing the game to continue development and to ensure that we can keep pay-to-win elements out of our game. This is very important to us, and we fully intend to make good on that promise. But this also means that the Enforcer Archetype, as well as some currently available customization options, will be removed from testing and added to the list of available purchases.
We hope that you enjoyed testing them because we surely enjoyed getting your feedback on them as well! We also hope that you will find joy in all the new customization options that will come in the future because we intend to introduce a system that will let you unlock new vanity items by playing the game. For the future, this means free unlockable customization options besides the purchasable ones!
- All character customization options have been reset to default.
- All archetypes will appear reset to wear their default customization items, but you can mix and match between them, equipping some customization options from the other archetypes (Work In Progress, see previous topic above).
- All items purchased through Founders Packs and redeemed through Promo Codes will still be available, they just need to be re-equipped.
- Faction progress has been reset to 0.
- All blueprints / abilities / weapons / mods / materials have been reset.
BRAND NEW ENEMY TYPE
These are the Droids that you are looking for! We have introduced a new type of enemy into the game, with new attack patterns, new spawn conditions, new behavior, etc. You can find those Droids mostly in old Human installations. Mostly…
One of the points that we want to address on route to perfecting our PvEvP formula was a better map and combat awareness. We wanted a feature that allows PvE-oriented players to have a general idea of which areas can be potentially dangerous for them, but on the other hand, it should allow PvP-interested players to deliberately seek out points of potential combat.
Enter the Danger Zone. This new map overlay will allow you to see areas of the main map that have a high player count/combat activity at any given time. Whether you then choose to run away from it or towards it is your personal player choice!
- The map now highlights areas with high player activity (players engaging in combat + number of players).
- The more players are in the area, the brighter the color becomes.
- The color will become more and more intense according to the threat level.
- The Danger Zone is grid-based.
PvEvP: BOUNTY CONTRACTS
This is a feature that we were working on for quite some time now and which we have already showcased on our live streams when we were testing it. Well, now you can test it, too! We are very excited to receive your feedback.
We effectively added a new ongoing contract into each match, which reads “Eliminate Ruthless Players”. If someone engages in PVP, they will become “Ruthless” after a certain amount of kills/DBNO forced teleports that they are responsible for. They will then be shown to everyone on the mini-map. In this state, they will add to the VP of a player who kills/force-teleports them in return to facilitate the concept of “crime & punishment”.
- You start without the “Ruthless” state.
- You become “Ruthless” by killing other players or forcing them to teleport from the downed/DBNO state.
- You automatically lose the “Ruthless” state if you refrain from doing ruthless activities for 5 minutes.
- Ruthless players are a walking contract and worth VP based on their kill-count.
- Ruthless players will be highlighted and visible on the map to warn or encourage other players to engage them.
- If a player is marked, they will be worth at least 1VP.
Kit levels are now finally back! This means that you can now level up your suit during the match!
- Killing monsters and completing contracts gives XP towards the Kit Level progress.
- Each Kit has 7 levels of its own upgrades, making players more powerful as the match goes on.
- Quicksuit – goes from single to triple jump, slide gets faster and jumps get higher.
- Dragonfly – all parts of the Jetpack get better, from speed to energy to angle and damage of the dive attack.
- Warsuit – increases the charge punch damage, the height of the jump and grants more protection from enemies.
- Basic Suit- better health regeneration, shorter ability cooldowns, more damage to creatures… all kinds of perks you might need to stay alive.
- Each level gives a small increase to health and shields.
- Pressing [L] brings up a list for more information.
Our vehicles have been further improved and polished. Not only will you have new effects, sounds and collision damage, they can now also make small jumpsand boost their speed!
- Boost enabled when pressing [Shift] or [Right Mouse Button].
- A small jump can be performed by pressing [Space Bar].
- The vehicle now damages enemies and other players when colliding with them.
- A new hit collision should make vehicles easier to hit.
- Vehicles now have a weak spot in the engine.
- Players riding the vehicle can now be damaged.
- Your owned vehicle now has better cloaking to prevent potential theft.
- Brand new VFX and SFX (explosions, hard landings, collisions).
- Pressing [F] now mounts and dismounts the vehicle.
- Improved camera controls and FOV.
- Various Bug fixes.
Some changes were made to progression to make it easier to understand and to navigate.
- Level confusion is no longer present, all items now unlock only at their “indicated” level.
- A lot of items were distributed to new levels to create better choices in the early game for all weapon tiers and abilities.
- Crafting prices of items were changed accordingly so that items that unlock earlier are easier to craft.
Here you will find some general tweaks made to the overall match experience.
- Red Zeal shards now give you exactly as many points for carrying them as orange Zeal shards, plus of course the previous bonus for getting VP for having them during EVAC. Red Zeal is now objectively more lucrative. Go get it!
- The Main Facility now gives 2x as many VP as before!
- No more rare (500 credit) random weapons in crates
- Increased mid-match credit income from random monster spawns on the map.
- Reduced ticks that are spawned when a player holding Brightcaps. It should be less annoying for players encountering them.
- Mineral slots on the map were tuned in order to reduce randomness.
- Increased relocation speed of the Uplink activity and delayed activation of the first Uplink activity.
- The damage from the storm at the end of a match will ramp up over time.
One of the biggest “Works In Progress” based on your feedback from the last months is a clearer and more in-depth tutorial mission. Well, we are happy to present you with the current iteration, which should give new players a much better first experience on Fortuna III. And the best part is: we will continue working on it!
- The Tutorial mission will now include the Hunt contract instead of Letium Gas.
- New players will now get crafting materials after completing the tutorial for the first time, which will allow them to craft their first movement kit immediately.
- New and more deadly weapons are now available to use in the tutorial.
- The shuttle evacuation is now clearer for new players and faster to finish – the shuttle landing is now sped-up.
- Voice-overs in the tutorials were re-ordered to make them more consistent and easier to understand for players.
- Paths were added in the tutorial to make finding objectives easier.
- Reduced clutter in the UI by removing extra elements.
- Re-aligned some elements for increased readability.
- Contract markers on the mini-map and the HUD tracker will now appear based on your proximity to them.
WEAPON RECOIL IMPROVEMENTS
- Single fire weapons now use pre-defined recoil curves.
- Less extreme and more predictable recoil overall.
- Snappier and improved recoil compensation.
- Fixed issues with recoil compensation negating recoil completely on several guns.
- Ability Mods have been removed – every single one of them is now a separate ability!
- Social links were added to the launch screen.
- Updated logos for Korolev and Osiris factions.
- A player survey will appear in your inbox when you reach level 2 on any Faction. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to getting to know our players better!
- Fire animations for various weapons were polished.
- Fixed issue with the sight for the ICA Lacerator being offset and moving too much when firing in ADS.
- FOV updates:
- Standard FOV is set to 100.
- Changed FOV when sprinting to have a better feel.
- Mouse Sensitivity has been lowered by default.
- Gun muzzle particle effects are improved and render at the proper FOV.
- We now fade to black when recalling back to the drop pod.
- Sandbox Mode: the minimap and expanded map views should not be missing or empty anymore.
- Solo Mode: Instances when your pact mate died and you couldn’t break the pact or create a new pact should not occur anymore.
- Added ‘upgrade for: $__’ text to the Gear Store so players can see which gear is ready to upgrade without hovering the mouse over it.
- Changed ‘Costume’ to ‘Appearance’ and ‘Launch’ to ‘Launch Bay’ in the top bar navigation panel of Prospect Station.
- Minimum font size increased for readability.
- Launching The Cycle executable without the Epic Games Launcher no longer gives you a blank screen, but you must still launch the game through the Epic Games Launcher if you want to actually play the game.
- Various performance improvements and reduction of “hitches”.
IMPORTANT FACTS FOR EARLY ACCESS
- The text and voice chat will be disabled. You can still use the comm wheel (press [V] by default) and ping system (press [Middle Mouse Button] by default)to communicate in-game, and we also recommend that you join the official Discord, in case you want to ask for advice, give feedback or simply join the community.
- We have introduced Spanish and French localization into the game. If you are a native speaker of those languages, we would really appreciate your help to improve the quality by reporting wrong or missing translations via the “Report Bug -> Localization Bug” tab in the game menu.
- We integrated the new Unreal Engine 4 version 4.22, so some instability and crashes may occur.
- DUO MODE: The revenue share between pact mates is shown as 50%, but it is still 100%.
- In rare instances, players could be unable to move at the beginning of the match.
- In rare cases, the health bar might be stuck upon entering a match.
Thank you for all your feedback!
Please remember: even though we are now in Early Access, the game is still very much in development and not fully released. This means that bugs and crashes are to be expected. If you find any issues during your session, please don’t hesitate to report it using the bug reporter tool in-game. Please also keep in mind that queue times, especially late in the night might be longer than expected due to lower player count.
We hope you have fun during your time on Fortuna III and look forward to reading your feedback!