Release 10 is packed with a bunch of changes, Prospectors! Let us talk about the smaller adjustments first before we dive into the bigger topics that make your drops to Fortuna III more exciting, more interesting and more convenient!
- New first time user experience & new exciting 2.5D intro
- When you start the game for the first time you will be lead through a new “character creation” that will make you choose an Archetype and the appearance.
- The Tutorial was changed to make sure you are guided through all the exciting features and must-knows about The Cycle!
- Our beloved Badum received a new voice.
- Pacting turned off in Ranked Solo
- With the Feedback that we received from you guys it makes sense that Ranked Solo has no pacting enabled, so we decided to go for this change.
- End of match celebration is included now. When a match ends it shows your foam pose or emote now, depending on the outcome of the match.
- New Starter Packs are in the game. We have revamped our Founders Packs, rebranded them as Start Packs and you can get them directly in the shop now!
- The Biker Queen joins the fray as the new Archetype. Ride in style and grab your Beast to show the competition who is boss – She is available in the shop!
- The Scanner received a brand new, shiny, model and it has a better positioning on your screen.
- The Scanner does not scan AI anymore.
- Money dropped from teleported players is directly added to the Bounty Contract.
- Sharing of XP on Kits is removed.
- If you are in a Squad and AFK you will not get XP for your Kit.
- The loading screens will now show artwork of the map that you are dropped on.
- The station ring structure visible from the Lobby (background) has been improved with some extra buildings and lights.
- Small skybox visual improvements for the Space above the Lobby.
- Dynamic Sound leveling – We have made the volume more dynamic to give you a better sense of your surroundings.
- Weapon SFX updates
- Increased target prediction on monsters.
- They now anticipate your movement and thus have better aim.
- Spitter now fires more projectiles in a spread pattern.
- Their projectiles have straighter flight path.
- Skulker damage increased but health decreased.
- They are more of a threat, but you can take care of them faster.
- Hurler now has one large shotgun style blast and moves in very close to hit you as hard as possible.
- This is the direction we wanted to go with this enemy as a first pass, we may revisit him in the future.
- The Howler has been buffed.
- Howlers do more damage & have more health.
- The amount of monsters they can buff is capped now.
- Stumble and stagger animations for the monsters are based on the direction of hits.
- Brand new enemy skins and VFX.
- Brutes spawns increase in the following spots / contracts.
CREDIT & CONTRACT RE-BALANCING
- Credit re-balancing
- Loot crates give you more credits – map loot will give you less.
- All monsters (not just bosses) give credits according to their difficulty.
The Contract re-balancing is a big topic, and we will give you more insight in a future blogpost by TC_Rumble.
- Contract re-balancing
- All standard contracts now have 10 tiers and have gotten a holistic balancing pass.
- All VPs have been multiplied roughly by 10 to allow for more granular/precise tuning.
- Challenges have been adjusted accordingly and player progress scaled up.
WEAPON & KIT CHANGES
We wanted to make fights feel a bit more snappy and therefore we adjusted some of the weapon re-fire rates. After intensive feedback, we have revisited some of the changes, that a part of the community tested last Friday. As usual we definitely want to hear your feedback regarding all the implemented changes.
- Your shots will be more precise now due to smaller minimum and maximum weapon spread.
- We adjusted the refire rate of some weapons as following:
- K-28 autopistol
- Refire from 0.19 to 0.162
- Refire from 0.475 to 0.404
- Refire from 0.55 to 0.468
- Scarab Pistol
- Refire from 0.4 to 0.34
- S-76 PDW
- Refire from 0.9 to 0.081
- KM-9 Scrapper
- Refire from 0.9 to 0.081
- Asp Flechette Gun
- Refire from 0.1 to 0.09
- Refire from 0.12 to 0.108
- Refire from 0.25 to 0.213
- PKR Maelstrom
- Refire from 0.475 to 0.428
- Refire from 0.12 to 0.108
- Refire from 0.15 to 0.135
- Voltaic Brute
- Refire from 0.125 to 0.113
- Refire from 1.55 to 1.318
- Kinetic Arbiter
- Refire from 1.7 to 1.445
- Refire from 1 to 0.85
- FF4 Detonator
- Refire from 0.9 to 0.765
- ICA Guarantee
- Refire from 0.13 to 0.117
- Refire from 0.8 to 0.68
- Refire from 2 to 1.7
- Unstable Material – Adjusted the weapon spread. Aiming down sight is now slightly more accurate.
- Air control override from -1.0 to 0.25
- Health and shield from levels now mirror the value of the other kits.
- 20 hp/shield (first 6 levels) to 10 on hp/shield first level.
- 30 hp/shield (1x level 7) to 15 hp/shield on rest.
- This is a total of 100 health and 100 shield at level 7
- Jump velocity override from 650 to 750
- Crescent Falls should be a lot more stable now.
- Crescent Falls received fixed for some stuck spots and toe traps.
- Season XP hiccups are fixed.
- The EULA now links to the correct language version.
- Fixed some issues with location based monster kill challenges.
- Errors with Fortuna Pass and Aurum purchases from Season 2 start are fixed.
- When you claim Fortuna Pass items you will go to the Fortuna Pass screen now.
- Pacts are ended when one pact mate dies.
- Tutorial tool tips are fixed.
- Challenge display after re-roll is fixed.
- Challenge display in the NavMode is fixed.
- Zeus Beam textures were sometimes not displayed correctly, this was fixed too.
- Fixed the overlap of Tutorial buttons with the Matchmaking button.
- Fixed the pact mate weapon color in the tutorial.
- The bug that you can be stuck in melee state is fixed.
- General stability improvements.
- MK2 weapons are still called MK2 and this will be fixed in a future release.
- ZEUS and KARLA can have issues with visuals in 3rd person.
- If your name contains special characters it is not shown properly.
- Items still lose their upgrades when dropped, we’re working to remedy this in the future!
- When you die in a duo or squad match your team rank will not change until all of the players have either escaped or get foamed. We know that this can cause some confusion but the rank is shown at the end of the match will be the correct one.
- If you are using a controller, please note: There is no full controller support, yet.
- There are still some items that hover in the air while on a Laser Drill.
- Destroyed Rides might have collision issues and or weird texture behavior.
- If a lobby gets completely wiped the result screen might show wrong placements.
- Some Challenges might have a wrong language, that will be fixed with the next release.
- There are locations where Drop Pods might hover in the air.
- Some of the Paladin Icons and items have minor display issues when equipped in the station.
- Laser Drill still can have some texture issues.
- Sometimes the boxes of your Ride can hover in the air.
Even though we are now in Early Access and Season Two has started, the game is still in development. This means that bugs and crashes are to be expected.
If you find any issues during your session, please don’t hesitate to report it using the bug reporter tool in-game.
Please also keep in mind that queue times, especially late in the night might be longer than expected due to lower player count around these times.
We hope you have fun during your time on Fortuna III and look forward to reading your feedback!