-THE MIRACLE OVER NEPTUNE –
2019 was quite the wild ride, so let us end this year with a bang! This release brings you another Map 02 playtest, holiday items, seasonal challenges, more balancing and an extension of Season 1 – The Lost Prospector! Thank you so much for your ongoing support Prospectors, we are looking forward to 2020 and to all the awesome things that will come to Fortuna III and Prospect Station!
Season 1 will run now until January 23rd.
WHAT IS IN RELEASE #7.XMAS?
A CRAZY MIRACLE
MAP 02 PLAYTEST – CRESCENT FALLS!
With an overwhelmingly positive feedback from our Community, our Christmas Event is going to kick-off on a high note with a time limited Map 02 playtest. There will be 72 hours of sweet, sweet mayhem on Map 02 and we will let you know when you can visit “Crescent Falls” on our social media channels. Yes, you read that one right, Crescent Falls is the name of Map 02, who knows what secrets it will hold!
Have fun, and let us know your feedback!
Get the new Holiday Crafting material by completing a set of brand-new, time limited and holiday-only challenges. With the new materials, you can craft a set of fun abilities to tinker around during the holiday event only!
HOLIDAY WEAPON & ABILITIES:
Go to the Crafting menu in the Station, and see how each of these items is special in their own way! Try to get all of them, and have fun! Veterans might remember the sound of the vehicles!
- Holiday Zeus Beam
- The new Zeus beam deals less damage, but costs 200 Credits. Have fun melting everything in your way! (Also, updated SFX and VFX to match with the holiday spirit!)
- Holiday Bulldog
- Updated SFX and VFX so your weapon can celebrate as much as you do.
- Holiday Ability – Snare Trap
- Set a trap, and keep an ear out for someone’s misstep – it is well worth the wait!
- Holiday Ability – Grenade
- Literally exploding with holiday cheer!
- Holiday Ability – Turret
- Nothing says ‘Christmas’ like a small gift left around for others to stumble upon.
MAP & STATION CHANGES:
- Both Map 01 “Bright Sands” and Map 02 “Crescent Falls” contain a set of Christmas lights to get you all in a festive mood, in the landing zones of both maps.
- The new Station image will show you how the Prospectors celebrate “The Miracle Over Neptune” in a chillingly climactic setup!
- P.S. How many Leafmen can you spot on the picture?
Welcome to the holiday Shop update, now with new, festive skins to apply to some of your favorite weapons and show off!
You can also get your hands on a Fortuna Pass level upgrade, and stay a step ahead of your frenemies. Check out the Shop offers, and keep an eye out on the Special ones during the holidays for many surprises to come!
- Lowered recoil when in ads
- Reduced magazine size from 35 to 28
- Heavy Flechettes
- Damage modifier 1.5 to 1.2
- Lowers magazine size -5
- Missile Flechettes
- Adjusted reduced clip size from -20 to -1
- Reduced damage from 32 to 28
- Increased refire rate from 0.08 to 0.09
- Increased damage fall-off multiplier from 0.32 to 0.5
- Increased damage fall-off range from 1500 – 3000 to 1500-5000
- Lowered ADS Recoil
- C-32 Bolt Action
- Increased Weakspot multiplier from 1.5 to 1.75
- Increased fall of range from 5000-9000 to 6000 – 10000
- Lowered recoil on the base weapon and recoil multiplier on following mods
- Rapid cartridge feeder
- Explosive rounds
- Hollowpoint rounds
- Kinetic Arbiter
- Lightweight stock
- Now adds movement speed (fix)
- Removed Weapon unequipped time attribute
- Lightweight stock
- Damage fall-off increased from 0.55 to 0.8
- Damage fall-off increased from 0.09 to 0.8
- Reduced refire rate from 0.475 to 0.4
- Kinetic Barrier
- Collision is back – You cannot walk through the Kinetic Barrier
- Added HP
- Fixed the rotation issue (if there are still issues, please let us know)
- Low HP Defense
- Removed Weapon unequip Time
- Reduced ability cooldown time from 1.5 to 1.15
- Increased damage received from 0.5 to 0.75
Dev Comment: The reasoning behind the change to Mineral, Uplink and Zeal scoring is that we want to make it matter more whether a contract is active or passive. Zeal and Uplink can be done in parallel to more active contracts such as Minerals and Hunt, which should be reflected in their scoring. However, as always, we will of course listen to your feedback on this and iterate on the balancing.
- The Veltecite Mineral Contract tiers now give 1, 3, 5 VP
- The Uplink tier thresholds are now 200, 380, 540 points (removed fourth tier)
- The Zeal tier thresholds are now 250, 480, 690 points (removed fourth tier)
- The Credit and XP rewards were tuned proportionally (25 credits per VP, 50XP per VP)
In Squad Mode Hot-Zones should now appear not as quickly as before.
DOWN BUT NOT OUT (DBNO)
The DBNO duration when in a pact, duo or squad now lasts 40 seconds instead of 25 seconds.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- You can track daily/weekly challenges in the nav-mode again
- If your name contains special characters it is not shown properly
- Items still lose their upgrades when dropped, we’re working to remedy this in the future!
- When you die in a duo or squad match your team rank will not change until all of the players have either escaped or get foamed. We know that this can cause confusion but the rank shown at the end of the match will be the correct one
- If you are using a controller, please note: There is no full controller support, yet
MERRY MIRACLE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR PROSPECTORS!
Even though we are now in Early Access and Season One has started, the game is still in development. This means that bugs and crashes are to be expected.
If you find any issues during your session, please don’t hesitate to report it using the bug reporter tool in-game.
Please also keep in mind that queue times, especially late in the night might be longer than expected due to lower player count around these times.
We hope you have fun during your time on Fortuna III and look forward to reading your feedback!