|Unreal Engine 4|
|PC, Xbox One (TBA), PS4 (TBA)|
|Early Access August 19 2019|
|FPS, MMO, PvEvP|
The Cycle is an upcoming game from the German Yager studio, of Spec Ops: The Line and Dreadnought fame. Focusing on multiplayer matches where two dozens of players clash across the surface of Fortuna III, trying to complete their contracts over twenty minutes (the break in the titular cycle that allows humans to land on the planet) while deepening their pockets.
The Cycle is a competitive quest shooter, match-based PvEvP video game. You're a Prospector sent to planet Fortuna III fulfill contracts. Drill for minerals, hunt down beasts, salvage equipment and the list goes on. The more contracts you finish the more victory points you'll get. They'll be 19 other prospectors you can either avoid them, cooperate or fight them all. Victory goes to the Prospector that completes the most contracts and manages to evacuate in time. You have 20 minutes until The Cycle returns and kills everyone in it's path.
- Fortuna III, a hostile, beautiful world on the frontier, ripe for the picking by players and the factions they work for.
- Each storm cycle gives only a brief window of opportunity to fulfill your contract, then get the hell out of Dodge, back to the safety of Prospect Station.
- In other words, it's 20 players, one planet, and 20 minutes per match.
- Pacting allows players to create shaky truces and ally to complete contracts (or shoot the hell out of other players).
- The Fortuna black market allows players to purchase weapons and gear during the match and have it all delivered on time, every time.
- Crafting allows for permanent upgrades to take into the next match.
- Contracts AKA quests give an alternate path to victory during a match. The best prospector isn't the one with the biggest gun, but who can get the job done.
- Customization through gear choices allows for fine-tuning characters to match a player's preferred playstyle.
- Concept art
- Website gearpage 03 optimized small 4000 px.jpg
- Y Cy screen 02.jpg
- Y Cy screen 03.jpg
- Y Cy screen 04.jpg
- YCy screen 00.jpg
- YCy screen 01.jpg
- YCy screen 03.jpg
- YCy screen 04.jpg
- YCy screen 05.jpg
- YCy screen 06.jpg
- YCy screen 07.jpg
- YCy screen 10.jpg
- Y Cy screen 00.jpg
- Y Cy screen 01.jpg